Trying to build a static linux build, all builds perfectly, but in user computer it asks for Glibc... how can I include it?

Trying to build a static linux build, all builds perfectly, but in user computer it asks for Glibc… how can I include it?

Cheers!

You can’t, you just have to build on a disto with a really really old glib and it’ll run on systems that have a newer version.

The other way around doesn’t work when you build with glibc 2.27 the build will run on systems with that or newer only.

So the only solution is to have, for example, an Ubuntu in a VM with an old glib and use that to build the static build.

And can glibc be updated in linux?

I mean, at least to give users some possible instructions on how to get that glibc version, at least until I manage to mount the VM with the older Linux version.

Thanks @LazyDodo !

You can’t upgrade glibc without upgrading the entire Linux distribution to a newer version, at least not in any simple and safe way.

Ok, then the only solution is the VM one.

Do you have any recommendation on what Ubuntu build to use for static builds?

Cheers!

Here’s the information on the platform that the buildbots use, and here is the thread of people complaining it’s still not old enough. soooo… yeah…

Personally, if I were doing linux builds I’d probably try one of the centos7 dockers posted in this thread

Thanks!

I’ll check on it, I will be fine if it builds for glibc 2.24, and if that comes with the linux kernel, then I may be lucky :slight_smile:

On the other hand, If I have problems I’ll cehck the dockers posted there :slight_smile:

Thanks!