New icons for Blender 2.8x

What’s wrong with it? It looks perfect.

2 Likes

My only problem with that is that we have two similar icons one over other. But the shape? nop.

3 Likes

Just the partial coloring version

7 Likes

I really don’t like the two-color versions. However I definitely dig the pastel tones given by some of the people posting above. Especially important is removing that horrible red for materials (and also making World not be colored, since World isn’t just a material and it looks out of place, color-wise).

2 Likes

That’s just because of Windows’ window decorations.

8 posts were split to a new topic: Merging window title bar with tab region

This has now been addressed in master.

1 Like

Can color the first five icons now and add borders.

icons

icon_borders

9 Likes

Awesomesauce. Hats off to Jeroen Bakker…

3 Likes

Is its opacity and width controlable?
I’m anxiously waiting for buildbot download…

Opacity yes, width no.

100%, 50%, 20%, 0%

12 Likes

20% looks gorgeous against dark background! Adds tiny bit of depth and rises up local contrast.

3 Likes

That’s looking pretty good right there. Shapes up nicely as predicted. For me at least :smiley:

There you go again, trying to take away the little color we get by even desaturating those. :stuck_out_tongue:

Shame on, despicable me!

1 Like

now it’s delicious

1 Like

A bit too light that light theme!
But I like the highlighted properties in the dark one.
Icons are shaping up really good, nice job everyone!

:grin:
I just took a strongly white theme from the thread of the themes to prove how the new icon silhouettes worked in extreme cases

I noticed that there are cases in which the new opacity of the edges of the icons needs to be different from color to color …
I know that it actually starts and is too much as a claim,
but it would be useful to have the possibility of adding the density of the border linked to the colors

this is an example where dark icons work well without borders, but you need to add borders only to clear icons …
Screenshot%20(148) Screenshot%20(147)

The border makes it look kind of aliased…