Make release fails at OneAPI at Ubuntu after upgrade from 20.04 to 22.04

Hey friends,
I am stuck here with Blender not compiling anymore a make release after updating my Ubuntu vm from 20.04 lts to 22.04 lts. It errors out at

/home/x/blender-git/blender/intern/cycles/kernel/device/oneapi/kernel.cpp:7:12: fatal error: ‘iostream’ file not found

The curious part is, before the update everything worked. Any ideas or advices? Am i missing something vital for OneAPI at Ubuntu 22.04?

As a sidenote, is there a way to get rid of the boost warnings?

Kind regards
Arunderan

Full log until it errored out: fullog.txt (60.6 KB)

1 Like

I can compile with just make and edit cmakelist by enabling CUDA binaries and leaving Oneapi OFF; otherwise I run into the same problem. Have you found another solution?

Unfortunately not. Blender does not compile with OneAPI anymore at Ubuntu. And it is not just me.

I guess somebody should finally report it in the tracker.

Here even make fails. It compiles, but doesn’t start anymore. But this can be because i use a VM to compile the linux version. I’ve been at this point before. It then magically fixed itself with a Ubuntu or Blender update. Not sure which one. So i’ll wait a few more weeks before i consider a dual boot environment, hoping that it goes away.

Same issue here, it works on Rocky Linux 8 though

Hi everybody.
The problems looks like the clang related itself - I see a identical problem reported multiple time, for example here.
So, can somebody please check if instalation of the package “g+±12” is resolving the problem?

2 Likes

@xavier mentioned this on chat not too long ago

I’ve checked my logs, it’s easy to spot by running: ./lib/linux_x86_64_glibc_228/dpcpp/bin/clang++ -std=c++14 -pedantic -Wall test.cpp -o test -v on a test.cpp file that includes <iostream>. It tells which GCC installation clang is using, and it’ll be the one for which libstdc+±N-dev is missing and needs to be installed.

2 Likes

Thanks a ton @Sirgienko :pray: installing g+±12 fixes it!
it aligns with installing libstdc+±12
cc: @LazyDodo :pray:

Many thanks friends :slight_smile:

1 Like