Is there a way to prod people on bug fixes?

Hey,

I currently have 3 confirmed bugs, but it seems like no one is really working on them. Is there a way to prod people to see if there has been any progress on fixing them? One has been confirmed for nearly a month.

https://developer.blender.org/T56084
https://developer.blender.org/T56204
and a more major bug – https://developer.blender.org/T56396

Thanks!

you have to wait for the beta version to report unblocked bugs for Blender 2.8 or you are an artist or developer who works in Blender right now. I think that the developers of blender start to correct any kind of mistake after making the blender more stable and without unexpected blocks or crashes

This is not to do with Blender 2.8, but in general blender. The bug tracker is not blocked for those bugs.

Not to mention, one is a pretty major Cycles bug.

If there is no update in the bug report it’s almost certain there is no progress. There are hundreds of open bugs, many more than we can handle in short time frames. The unfortunately reality is that a confirmed bug for one month really is not that long and that in many cases it takes quite a lot longer before someone gets to fixing it.

T56084 is the only valid to report, it seems that Blender has a crash but it is not very easy to reproduce, T56204 and T56396 are deprecated reports if made by anyone or you are an developer-artist who officially works for Blender or you use a BETA version of Blender 2.80 ( really ??).

Any bug report that does not crash Blender 2.80 is forbidden to anyone until the release of the beta version, probably in late October

If there is no update in the bug report it’s almost certain there is no progress. There are hundreds of open bugs, many more than we can handle in short time frames. The unfortunately reality is that a confirmed bug for one month really is not that long and that in many cases it takes quite a lot longer before someone gets to fixing it.

@brecht Fair enough, My previous experience with Blender was pretty fast turn around for bug fixes (up until the Code Quest that is).

@NiCapp See inline below

T56084 is the only valid to report, it seems that Blender has a crash but it is not very easy to reproduce,

It happens multiple times a day, It is hard to reproduce in a consistant manner, but over a days worth of work it is easy. Though I cant really say ‘Hey, work with blender using our scenes for a day and notice crashes’

T56204 and T56396 are deprecated reports if made by anyone or you are an developer-artist who officially works for Blender or you use a BETA version of Blender 2.80 ( really ??).

Incorrect. They are bugs. As i said before. These are not to do with blender 2.8. they are to do with blender master.

Any bug report that does not crash Blender 2.80 is forbidden to anyone until the release of the beta version, probably in late October

Correct. I am not using Blender 2.8. I am using blender master, which is 2.79 but with updates.

i not saw any information on version of blender in previous posrt or in report task.

with only blender hash is hard to presume blender version, report is not in standard format