Is it okay to use blender node editor's exact gui for on other programme? And if its okay how to do it?

Is it okay to use blender node editor’s exact gui for on other programme? And if its okay how to do it?
really appreciate your help :pray:.

1 Like

No one said anything, I don’t really know, but I think someone was making a webpage althought that was for sharing blender nodes I believe, so it was more blender related? Idk what you’re doing, I think you can do it, but if it’s a competing product might be a bit shady to do so?

I also know godot engine uses the same 3D gizmo and no one said it was bad, so I guess that might get you an answer, althought I’m personally not 100% sure.

The same question has been asked here:

Blenders license is GPL you are free to take whatever you like from the blender codebase, as long as you abide by its license (ie your application should have all code available just as blender is) as for what and how to lift code you’re mostly on your own integrating it into your own codebase.

There are quite a few standalone or library node editors out there that would be much easier to use for your own project than trying to ‘extract’ the node editor from Blender. For example, here:

Cheers…