How to change a word in the interface

I have something I want to do since a long time and even with a lot of research I still don’t know how to do it.
When you go into “File > New” you have 5 options : General, 2D Animation, Sculpting, SFX and Video Editing.
The thing I want to do is to change these terms in order to create 5 personalized startup files.
I first tried to go in the preferences but you can’t change terms there.
I then tried to look for a solution in the scripts of blender. I found the location of the files where the terms are located. But i got a new problem, I can’t modify the script because it seems I’m not allowed to do it.
My blender is in French, so I tried to look for the translation script but I didn’t found it.

The location I found is like this on my PC :
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\BlenderFoundation.Blender_3.4.1.0_x64__ppwjx1n5r4v9t\Blender\3.4\scripts\startup\bl_app_templates_system\2D_Animation\

So I’m sending this to find the king who is going to solve this problem.
Thanks in advance !

In your Blender Install Directory there is a subfolder under:

./[Blender Directory]/[Version_Number]/scripts/startup/bl_app_templates_system

If you want to make an addon or improvement that lets users manage these Startup Files from a central place and directly from within the Blender UI you are more than welcome to do so. :wink: :smiley:
It’s been bothering me as well that you have to know and dig deep to change these. Especially since it’s a pretty powerful tool to create new Presets.

I would like to have the skill to create such an addon but I’m not experimented at all :sweat_smile: