Edit: Everything is merged into master now, so builds for 2.81 and later have everything in my branch, and more. Use those builds for testing.
File bug reports for errors in syncing, selection, other operators. Bug reports will not get forgotten as easily as a topic post, and they allow other developers the opportunity to test, debug, and fix the issues if needed.
Testing information for the Summer of Code branch
Old testing information:
Hello everyone! My outliner project is running smoothly right now. Please test and let me know what you think here!
I might set up a linux build, but for those who already have the sources downloaded
git checkout soc-2019-outliner will get you my current branch.
I would appreciate some feedback on the state of the current changes here. If you have ideas or feedback regarding features that I have not added to the branch, please add them
to the Outliner Improvements Ideas topic.
Changes (see 2.81 release notes for further changes):
- Selection is now synced between the 3D viewport and outliner by default, in both directions.
- Walk navigation with up and down keys.
- Expand and collapse with left and right keys, hold shift to apply recursively.
- Box select with click and drag.
- Range selection with shift click, extend selection with ctrl click.
- Expand arrow click and drag to expand or collapse multiple.
- Sub elements shown as icon row can now be selected.
- Object selection with eyedropper now works in the outliner.
- Filter option to show hidden objects.
- F2 to rename active outliner element.
- Parent drag and drop for multiple objects.
- Icons for constraints, vertex groups and sequencer.