GSoC 2019: Core Support of Virtual Reality Headsets through OpenXR

I’m testing the build now with a Windows Mixed Reality headset, but for some reason the scene appears out of scale (or it’s my feeling) and the appears rotated, Y as Z.

¿Any ideas on how can I solve the second problem? (I have to investigate the first problem, maybe it’s that big :slight_smile: )

1 Like

HI - is this the best place to follow this blender in vr development? - is this add on parked for now or is there still active work going into it ?

You should check out this:
https://developer.blender.org/T68998

1 Like

thanks fro the link:grinning:

Hi.

I am using Windows Mixed Reality headset on a Windows 10 machine. I have followed the instructions and I am getting the following error. Did anybody see this before?

Read prefs: C:\Users\satish.goda\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\config\userpref.blend
found bundled python: C:\Users\satish.goda\Documents\blender\bin\blender-2.83-99be00fdb11c-windows64\2.83\python
Read blend: C:\Users\satish.goda\Documents\blender\VR\openxr test.blend
Connected to OpenXR runtime: Windows Mixed Reality Runtime (Version 100.2002.10004)
Error : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Address : 0x00007FFC068313C9
Module : C:\Windows\System32\Windows.Mirage.dll

Thank you,
Satish.

We just checked via the Blender chat and it seems like there is an issue in the WinMR OpenXR installation - its testing app doesn’t run either.

2 Likes

First time that I have been able to test the build and work. Two things

• I think that blender need a new “walk mode” only for VR because the original mode have problems when you are in VR
  • Allow the mouse in the VR view or select with a centered cursor.
  • Use ESC key to close VR mode
  • Improve bit depth in eevee mode because gradients are really bad.