Feedback with OIDN install_deps.sh in Kubuntu 18.04

Nightly builds for Linux still report in Denoise node that it is Disabled, built without OpenImageDenoise.

Is this a known issue?

Hi YAFU, brecht mention in dev meeting he will care about buildbot for OIDN.

Cheers, mib

1 Like

OpenImageDenoise is now enabled in the Linux buildbot.

2 Likes

Hi @brecht , @StefanW. Sorry for bothering you again…

In BA forum we have seen that the RAM used increases proportionally with each Denoise node used in compositor, and we were wondering if this was correct to be that way and if it was a behavior that devs know.

https://blenderartists.org/t/big-denoise-test-intel-open-image-denoise-vs-others/1175114/46

You can report bugs in the tracker.

1 Like

Hello.
@StefanW , thanks for the fix to the RAM issue. I am having this error when I try to compile from master (Linux):

Scanning dependencies of target bf_editor_space_node
[ 36%] Building C object source/blender/editors/space_node/CMakeFiles/bf_editor_space_node.dir/drawnode.c.o
/media/TEMPORAL/@@Blender_Git/blender/source/blender/editors/space_node/drawnode.c: In function ‘node_composit_buts_denoise’:
/media/TEMPORAL/@@Blender_Git/blender/source/blender/editors/space_node/drawnode.c:2707:8: error: implicit declaration of function ‘BLI_cpu_support_sse41’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
if (!BLI_cpu_support_sse41()) {
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
source/blender/editors/space_node/CMakeFiles/bf_editor_space_node.dir/build.make:62: recipe for target ‘source/blender/editors/space_node/CMakeFiles/bf_editor_space_node.dir/drawnode.c.o’ failed
make[2]: *** [source/blender/editors/space_node/CMakeFiles/bf_editor_space_node.dir/drawnode.c.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:4880: recipe for target ‘source/blender/editors/space_node/CMakeFiles/bf_editor_space_node.dir/all’ failed
make[1]: *** [source/blender/editors/space_node/CMakeFiles/bf_editor_space_node.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:162: recipe for target ‘all’ failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

i fixed that about 30 mins ago, pull and you should be all-right

2 Likes

Oh ok. It is working now.