Feedback Wanted on the App Menu (Poll)

Wow, I didn’t even know that logo-icon is clickable. Great place for some easter-egg.

Did you vote as such? Just worried that I didn’t see that option’s vote go up. There are have been other times when people have complained, but then I noticed an immediate increase in “Awesome” instead
. So a bit worried that I have worded it all badly.

Sorry, I overlooked that option - changed.

1 Like

First off, cool GIF! Secondly, where will the items go if not here? The Devs have done a great job cleaning up the UI! Blender gets better daily, hell damn near hourly :slight_smile: That said, as long as items are three tiers down - buried in some obscure menu…whatever works best to make our work flow easiest

We could probably just move some of these around, and get rid of the menu, however this could be platform specific and we should probably follow what feels natural on each individual platform.

The about menu items 99.9% of the time is under the Help menu for applications on windows.

The splash menu you usually cannot open manually, since for most applications that have one on windows it is only there to cover up the excessive loading time of the application, it tends to be not interactive. Our splash is more of a welcome screen, i’d stick it under Window->Show Welcome Screen (Or splash if we really want to hold on to the old terminology)

Install Application Template, feels like something that ought to be in the prefs menu

I have to admit, i have no idea what half the stuff under the System sub menu does, feels more of a developer menu, so i’d stick that in its own developer menu in between window and help and only visible if the developer extra’s are enabled in the user prefs.

boom! now there’s no reason for this weird menu to exist on windows! But if other platforms want to keep it alive since it’s a natural thing to have awesome you do you :slight_smile:

[edit]
Actually only now saw @Harleya had a patch with solutions already, those also work, i’m not overly picky here :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do not find anything wrong with that menu button. Do not make it go away.