Extra Nodes for GeometryNodes

Yes, you can reduce nodes, so that beginners can better understand, now there are a lot of people do not understand how to join functions

I made an add-on that converts expressions into node trees. Not perfect but still very useful in some cases.

5 Likes

Impressive work :grinning: is there some notes on the plugin structure?

What do you mean with plugin structure?
There is a documentation file for how to use the add-on:

There is no documentation on the code itself, if that’s what you’re wondering. You’d have to figure it out from the code comments I’m afraid. In general the process is:
Scanning/lexing source to tokens → parse tokens into AST → transform AST into typed AST and resolve function overloading etc. → Compile typed AST into “bytecode”-like instructions → Interpret instruction into nodes

1 Like

Okay, thanks for the info :slight_smile:

Good, but he didn’t reduce the nodes.

Hey, I’ve been messing around with the scripts and trying to create a custom interface for a nodegroup, but it’s really difficult and intimidating for a novice who has very little experience with python scripting in blender. I’d be very grateful if someone would lend me a hand and give me a quick rundown on the steps one would take to add a nodegroup with a custom interface, using the provided template.

@BD3D, @Strike_Digital

1 Like

Ah, yeah sure, have a look at this:

It’s basically a very condensed version of one of the other nodes, that you should be able to modify easily to fit your needs.
It is a fairly advanced bpy topic though, so I’d definitely recommend getting to grips with other parts of the API as well, if not first. @sybren has done an amazing series that I’d highly recommend called Scripting for Artists

Hope that helps!

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, I’ll check them out!

1 Like