Cavity node

I think that adding such a node in material editor in addition to AO would make it easier to create more realistic materials.

especially since it has already been implemented!

12 Likes

Furthermore since this works blazingly fast in the viewport, couldn’t this become an EEVEE node as well? Ideally with an input socket for width and an angle threshold.

3 Likes

i believe this and all the rest of the options in there are based off the workbench renderer however from what I recall they are working to add this to eevee. it would be amazing if it was added I’ve been waiting for it myself since it would work as a nice rendertime bevel

1 Like

I would like to bring this up again as I believe this feature is essential for modern texturing! People do not need your attempts to repeat the zbrush, we want new revolutionary tools!

A year has passed! Nobody needs it! We could have super handy texturing!

Yes - cavity is missing.Among quite a few other things. :wink:

• Better UV Algorithms that can iterate user defined amount of times over selection
  • better UV packing native in Blender
  • real multi-object property editing for as many things as possible
  • more noises in shader editor
  • true object-to object(s) baking for all game relevant maps (for example height still is Mulit-res only)
  • (edit) a topology/shading setup that doesn’t need 20 clicks throughout 5 menus for each object (/edit)

And that’s just my personal list. All those things are very, very necessary and have been neglected over new features (cool features nevertheless and I love the devs for everything they put in the program). Many already have a design task in the dev section as well. Multi-Value edit is in development state for over 1.5 years now.

Though the official way to gather wanted features is still rightclickselect. Overrun, but the offical way.

2 Likes

please vote! it is very necessary!

1 Like

For feature requests, please use rightclickselect.com.