Can we move to using python3.8?

Thank you so much, all the tools that broke are linking to python binaries, they are python apps on their own and bridge to Blender, Menus in blender bridges broke, I haven’t had the time to really check, but as soon as I do I’ll post a report.

We absolutely love the tool and the community and we are excited to get more involved in the future.

1 Like

It does not mean that at all. It means our solution space, our set of possible solutions is not limited by what Qt needs. Simply that.

I am a big fan of pipelines. But remember the stuff flowing through them is data, not programs. Given that various versions of Python and shared libraries can exist together, and that programs like Blender are self-contained, if you can move data between applications, you should be golden.

3 Likes

While python 3.10 only comes out this October, is there a rough idea as to when I Blender will support it? Wouldn’t mind getting some powerful match case statements involved in future scripts!

You should be able to build with 3.10 ever since this commit , as for shipping it with blender, vfx platform is on 3.9 for all of 2022 but unsure what our current stance is on following the platform in that regard.

1 Like