Can anyone spare 2 mins to test addon template on mac and linux?

edit: linux tested, just mac now if anyone has it

hey guys, is anyone here on linux or mac and have a spare 2 mins to test if my addon template is compatible?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/439399976993292293/782354436411752457/3di_test_addon_template.zip

once the addon is installed it will appear in the addons list as 3di test addon template, and pressing ctrl shift f should popup up a menu with a few simple tools in it (add monkey, solidify, set origin of all selected to each geometry)

cheers :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hi, checked with 2.91 on Opensuse Tumbleweed, I can install the addon but not enable it.

./blender
Read prefs: /home/xxx/.config/blender/2.91/config/userpref.blend
found bundled python: /home/xxx/blender-2.91.0-linux64/2.91/python
addon_utils.disable: latest template not disabled
Modules Installed (latest template) from '/home/xxx/Downloads/3di_test_addon_template.zip' into '/home/xxx/.config/blender/2.91/scripts/addons'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/xxx/blender-2.91.0-linux64/2.91/scripts/modules/addon_utils.py", line 351, in enable
    mod = __import__(module_name)
  File "/home/xxx/.config/blender/2.91/scripts/addons/latest template/__init__.py", line 27, in <module>
    from . utils import RegisterHelpers as rh
  File "/home/xxx/.config/blender/2.91/scripts/addons/latest template/utils/RegisterHelpers.py", line 39, in <module>
    all_mods = get_all_modules_defined_in_directory(directory,all_mods)#get the folder contents for the current directory looping over and overwrite all_mods (list of all modules)
  File "/home/xxx/.config/blender/2.91/scripts/addons/latest template/utils/RegisterHelpers.py", line 17, in get_all_modules_defined_in_directory
    folder_contents = os.listdir(str(pathlib.Path(__file__).parent.parent.parent.absolute()) +'\\'+ directory)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/xxx/.config/blender/2.91/scripts/addons\\latest template\\properties\\'

Cheers, mib

thanks! Can you try again with this one please?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/439399976993292293/782413693073752094/latest_template_v2.zip

This is working.

Mib

that’s great news, thanks for testing :metal:

Hey @3di,

I’m on Mac OS 10.14.6 and tested your template with Blender 2.91. Seems to be doing exactly what you described using your newer version latest_template_v2.zip.

(Trying the first one you posted gave me the same error that mib3berlin got.)

That’s brilliant, thanks for taking the time :+1:

1 Like