Blender for iPad Pro?

Now, we got the M2 iPad pro, is there any chance to get fully Blender app on it?
Now these iPads are so powerful to use professional apps like Blender.

I know there are many ways to use Blender on the iPad screen, like AstroPad app, but the point is to use Blender only in an iPad Pro without the need for Mac or Laptop.

On one hand, you can read a lenghty discussion going on for a year in this other post, the fact that M2 is out doesn’t change anything really, so it should answer your question.

On the other hand, as it says in the banner at the top of the page, this is not the place for a feature request. For that you have rightclickselect.com (Also, this particular request is frequently asked, maybe next time try a quick search before posting?)

Anyway, since the announcement of the blender apps at the BCON 22, there was a blogpost published about it, and one of the questions was about the possibility of using blenderapps in other OS, such as Android or iOS:

AnityEx
Lovely proposal, I got some questions though does this mean there’s a possibility of making executables on other platforms like mobile phones or tablets a reality? Since blender apps aren’t blender on itself but a stripped down version for specific purposes, a client might not have a computer at all

And also does this imply the game engine “replacement” or the interactive mode is in order? Would be cool to make some games with modern blender capabilities but it is not detailed in this post how this would be done for the blender apps (unless the answer is just python which is not very interactive for an user that prefers nodes for logic like me)

And the response from Pablo Vazquez (part of the Blender Team)

Pablo Vazquez:

Blender Apps run anywhere Blender can. So in the future if Blender is supported on Android, iOS, iPadOS, or other platforms, apps should run there just fine.

I really hope that with the introduction of Blender Apps, and being able to build experiences using Blender’s powerful viewport and Python extensions, developers from the community will get inspired to make the so called “interactive mode”. Standalone apps are the perfect scenario for something like that.

I wouldn’t read much into it, it is just a comment. I only point it out to provide more context, as I personally think that if something like ipadOS support is to come someday, it will be because of some need brought by the existence of BlenderApps. But I really wouldn’t hold my breath I think it is very unlikely atm.

1 Like

For feature requests, please use rightclickselect.com.

1 Like