Blender 2.80 needs new defaults

Here are my suggestions:

• Blender Amaranth Theme, it is better than actual Blender Dark Theme
  • Cycles, because comparing it with Eevee, Cycles is more complete, supports all of Material Nodes and other features and tools in Blender. Also Eevee is a good and modern render engine, but now has got some limitations.
  • Full-Screen Mode, because Blender Topbar has confusing layout with Operating System’s Topbar.
  • On startup, Render Tab on Properties Editor should be selected, not Object Tab.
  • Wrong Blender version branch on Splash Screen.

1 - Nope. I don’t like the default theme myself, I don’t use it, but Amaranth is equally bad. There are far better themes out there.
2 - Hmmm, not sure about that.
3 - Nope. I hate apps that starts fullscreen (like a game) and cover my taskbar.
4 - Nope. Blender starts with the infamous cube selected, I guess that’s why the object tab is the default. But if I had to choose I’d go with the scene or output tabs (something that shows more info about your project), but for that, blender would have to start as a normal app with an empty scene which is not the case.
5 - ???

:+1:

1 Like

I get where you’re coming from, but just make the changes and save your startup file. Done.

4 Likes

“save startup file”
and the fear goes away …
and do not forget to uncheck “load ui” from “open blender file” before doing “save startup file” …
otherwise at each blender file you open you find yourself a different interface hahaha
:))))