The meeting will be open for anyone interested in joining the video call (link below).
Meeting time: 15:00-16 CET (Your local time: 2023-02-07T14:00:00Z)
- Jacques Lucke
- Simon Thommes
- Hans Goudey
- Iliya Katueshenock
- Falk David
- Modifier execution time is exposed in Python API.
- Jacques has been working on various features for curves sculpting-- an overlay for the original data and surface collision. Including the asset bundle in a release is also in progress.
- Simon has been working on finishing the hair node group assets for 3.5
- Jacques worked on a couple of UX improvements
- The material from guides is propagated in the Interpolate Curves node (commit)
- Some performance improvements landed last week
- Falk mentions that he’ll continue working on curves edit mode-- mainly selection, and gives a demo of box selection and selection picking.
- Jacques mentions a new node that he added when working on the smooth normals for the distribute points on faces node.
- It’s called “Axis to Euler”, like “Align Euler to Vector” but faster and simpler.
- The node is technically redundant now already, but is easier to understand and more convenient.
- The node could be replaced with matrix nodes eventually if that ends up being helpful.
D17083: Geometry Nodes: Experimental option for new Volume Nodes
- Seems reasonable to simplify development. The option wouldn’t be accessible in releases anyway.
The next meeting will be on Tuesday February 21, 15:00-16 CET (Your local time: 2023-02-21T14:00:00Z), which is 2 weeks from this meeting. The provisional meeting agenda will be linked in the #geometry-nodes channel before the meeting.