Meeting notes from the geometry nodes sub-module. This time for multiple weeks (got to catch up!), though these weeks were slightly slower in terms of daily kickoff design discussions.
- Chat Channel
- Video Call - dailies at 14:00 CEST
- Meeting Agendas and Notes - updated throughout the week
- UI for Active modifier data context for spreadsheet. (Jacques)
- A new option in the dropdown in the spreadsheet.
- No automatically changing the spreadsheet view mode when changing active modifier.
Message warnings in nodegroups (Dalai)
- Should we have them there as well?
- Yes we should (propagate the error from a node to its node group).
- Dalai will create a task for this later (done).
There is no way to change active modifier for linked modifiers (Dalai)
- New todo task
- More discussion about the two attribute workflow proposals
- Felipe Del Rio opinion on the attributes socket proposal (he will post on devtalk later)
- Mesh Primitive Cuboid Node (Hans)
- Useful? It is a complicated bunch of code, but not the sort of thing that has to be changed, and that’s just the nature of dealing with edge indices sometimes.
- Looks like benchmark was done in a debug build?
- Don’t compute all edges manually.
- There are other ways to simplify the code. Address through code review. Otherwise the idea looks reasonable.
No regular kick-offs due to holiday season (Hans and Dalai away).
Point Grid Node Design (Mattias)
- Point grid node without the input type option seems like the most reasonable option.
- Use three float inputs for now.