- Brecht Van Lommel (Blender)
- Jeroen Bakker (Blender)
- Kévin Dietrich (Blender)
- Brian Savery (AMD)
- Patrick Mours (NVIDIA)
- Stefan Werner (Tangent)
- Cycles X development continues. Brecht worked on more GPU optimizations, some scenes now render 20-30% faster compared to the initial announcement. Sergey is working on a new shadow catcher implementation that takes into account indirect light.
- Kévin submitted more patches for the Alembic procedural. Some existing patches are still waiting for review from Sybren, Brecht will poke him about this.
- Sergen at Tangent continues working on delta tracking for volumes, initial data structures and absorption handling are now in place.
- A new Cycles developer was hired, planned to start in June / July.
Eevee & Viewport
- The crashes on selection has a potential fix, but still waiting for Clément to commit it and for users to verify it solves the problem.
This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender rendering development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on rendering in Blender is welcome to join and add proposed items to the agenda.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.
- Google Meet
- Time: Tuesday 5 to 6 PM Amsterdam Time
- Next Meeting: May 11, 2021