- Brecht Van Lommel (Blender)
- Kévin Dietrich (Blender)
- Jeroen Bakker (Blender)
- Clément Foucault (Blender)
- Thomas Arcila (AMD)
- Patrick Mours (NVIDIA)
- Stefan Werner (Tangent)
- Edoardo Dominici (Tangent)
- Both Cycles and Eevee/Viewport have some high priority bugs remaining. Clément and Brecht will work on fixing them in the next few weeks.
- There is one important issue with crashes on selection on NVIDIA cards. Patrick and Clément have tried to reproduce this but have not succeeded so far. We’ll try with more hardware variations, scenes, drivers to find it, and also ask users for help to pin down the exact setup that causes this.
- For both Cycles and Eevee there will be blog posts explaining plans for the Blender 3.x release cycle, in the next few weeks.
- Kévin will look into OpenSubdiv for the viewport. Clément suggests to do this with compute, which makes it a more isolated changes and improves performance with progressive samples, as opposed to doing it as part of shading in the 2.7 implementation.
- Sergen at Tangent is working on improved volume rendering. Brecht is interested to see the designs/code and provide early feedback, Stefan will provide a link.
- Edoardo is working on point cloud rendering support for discs and opacity attributes.
- The Cycles rendering developer job offer was removed from blender.org, as we are close to hiring a candidate.
This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender rendering development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on rendering in Blender is welcome to join and add proposed items to the agenda.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.
- Google Meet
- Time: Tuesday 5 to 6 PM Amsterdam Time
- Next Meeting: April 20, 2021