- Brecht Van Lommel (Blender)
- Kévin Dietrich (Blender)
- Patrick Mourse (NVIDIA)
- Juan Gea Rodriguez
- Jonatan Mercado
- Kévin is still working on optimizations for GPU geometry upload to GPUs. Brecht had some ideas / code to remove part of the overhead, but will need to check if it’s compatible with Kévin’s changes, will be discussed later.
- The Alembic procedural support on the Blender side is waiting for review from Sybren, Brecht will ask to get this reviewed soon.
- Discussion about the light spread patch (which is accepted and to be committed soon). About pros and cons of using an angle or 0…1 range, we’ll go with the angle as in the current patch. Juan also notes that normalizing the power is important since the difference is quite big with smaller angles. Brecht will look into this before committing.
- Jonatan is working on an example scene for the new depth of field and notes an important bug, he’ll poke Clément in the report.
This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender rendering development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on rendering in Blender is welcome to join and add proposed items to the agenda.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.