- Brecht Van Lommel (Blender)
- Kévin Dietrich (Blender)
- Brian Savery (AMD)
- Thomas Arcila (AMD)
- Juan Gea Rodriguez
- Stefan Werner (Tangent)
- Radeon Image Filter was tested by Brecht, there is a problem loading the model files, Brian will look into it.
- Light spread feature will be added soon, will need a render by artists members for the release notes, and testing the patch would be helpful.
- Stefan update the standalone repository with Blender 2.92 changes.
- Kévin implemented compression for CPU-GPU transfer, but it appears CPU side compression is a bottleneck and overall makes performance worse. Would need to precompress data in a special format for this to work, unclear if this will help for Alembic files.
- Cryptomatte is almost ready, Brecht will review. Decision is to keep the old Cryptomatte node around for backwards compatibility, and have a new one next to it. The old one can then be removed at some point in the future.
This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender rendering development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on rendering in Blender is welcome to join and add proposed items to the agenda.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.
- Google Meet
- Time: Tuesday 5 to 6 PM Amsterdam Time
- Next Meeting: March 16, 2021