Notes for module meetings of Tuesday, 15 December 2020.
Present: Dalai Felinto (all)
- No more meeting until January 12, 2021.
Participant: Campbell Barton.
Initial task for tools polishing todos
- Campbell will present that in the next UI meeting.
- The keymap related tools are a topic on its own, and so are knife fixes, grease pencil UI re-organization, …
- This is a good candidate for a “team” approach.
- The module at the moment has very little community involvement.
Participant: Sebastián Barschkis.
- Sebastián plan was to finish viscosity for 2.92.
- For January the goal is to present either a prototype for real-time (interactive) fluids or a design doc with a plan of attack
Participant: Julian Eisel.
- Asset browser to be merged later today.
- In its current capacity the UI team is focusing mostly on patch review.
- Besides helping with 1 or 2 projects such as the asset browser or the nodes.
Participant: Pablo Dobarro.
- Dynamic topology refactor doesn’t seem to be ready for bcon2, thus it will need to be postposed.
temp_bmesh_multiresbranch has a few different features in different states:
- bmesh dynamically topology - works
- Face sets dyntopo support
- Render, but operator doesn’t work
- bmesh multires: unknown
- tools for sharpening vertex colors
- The bmesh dyntopo is the priority within the branch
- It should be isolated and set to review separately
- It needs to be properly reviewed
- Pablo to check Joseph’s availibility and plan
Participant: Sybren Stüvel.
- The animation module is progressing
- The new contributors are cross-patch reviewing.
- That leaves more time for Sybren to coordinate with Luciano and Bassam new targets for the module.
Participant: Richard Antalík.
VSE milestone 1 reviewed started.
- Francesco gave a first pass, which Richard already addressed.
- Waiting for Francesco’s final review.
- It can be committed after bcon1
VSE: Render preview improvement awaits review
- Richard is waiting for Francesco test file.
- Richard will be able to work fulltime in VSE development starting next year
Participant: Bastien Montagne.
- Overrides update:
- Storage performance is now in master.
- Materials, nodetrees and RNA collection are the main remaining targets
- USD importer is not a target for 2.92.
Participant: Antonio Vazquez (via chat).
- I/O features won’t make into 2.92
- The discussion about Libharu is still on going
- Final implementation will still need to be patch reviewed
- Antonio still would like to have it integrated as soon as possible for 2.93 to give it for testing and polishing
- The layer transform will also be for 2.93
- The patch is ready to merge in master but it will wait until 2.93 bcon1
- An improved interpolate is coming too
- This is the final planned 2.92 feature.
The rendering topics are handled in a separate meeting that includes the Cycles and EEVEE modules.