- Brecht Van Lommel (Blender)
- Kévin Dietrich (Blender)
- Jeroen Bakker (Blender)
- Stefan Werner (Tangent)
- Thomas Arcila (AMD)
- There will be no rendering meeting in the next two weeks. The next meeting will be January 5, 2021.
- Cryptomatte compositing UI improvements (Lukas’ patches) and Eevee metadata support are being worked on by Jeroen.
- Render passes volume handling is now more similar to Cycles. Difference is Cryptomatte uses volumetric transmittance when determine the coverage. AOV is on same level as Cycles. Volumetric transmittance is applied to color passes of Eevee.
- Latest AMD GPU with Polaris Architecture cards fail when we use
GL_INT_2_10_10_10_REV(report). Jeroen will email AMD driver contact for solution and cc Thomas.
- OptiX support completeness work discussed last week is now in master for 2.92.
- Pointcloud rendering is being worked on by Brecht. Remaining work is OptiX support and performance regression testing, patch will be submitted soon. Likely not needed for 2.92 by geometry nodes, so no rush.
- Kévin continues works on:
- Faster device updates: patch updates with feedback, likely to go in soon
- Alembic procedural: waiting on Brecht to review
- Cleaner public/private API separation: patch incoming
- Thomas updates on AMD work:
- AMD GPU denoiser patch is coming soon.
- For hardware raytracing, no public patch yet as OpenCL extensions are still being worked on.
- Optimizations to split kernel are also being worked on.
This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender rendering development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on rendering in Blender is welcome to join and add proposed items to the agenda.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.