- Brecht Van Lommel (Blender)
- Kévin Dietrich (Blender)
- Patrick Mours (NVIDIA)
- Stefan Werner (Tangent)
- Cycles projects
- CUDA 11: Patrick will land the patch to upgrade to CUDA 11 and build Ampere cubins for 2.91 (Blender Archive - developer.blender.org)
- API: Kévin continues on making device update use new update flags
- OptiX: Kévin works on adding support for refitting, for faster updates when objects transform or vertices move.
- Embee: we will need a solution for ARM. Idea is to try to get Embree to upstream if possible, if not we likely host our own Embree git repository with the modified code. Stefan will make a diff so we can see how big the changes are.
- Discussion on point clouds, volume rendering issues and possible solutions, no concrete decisions.
This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender rendering development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on rendering in Blender is welcome to join and add proposed items to the agenda.
For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.