Present: Brecht Van Lommel, Dalai Felinto, Sergey Sharybin
The goal was to determine what is the status of the current plans, and how to take the workload from Nathan Letwory given that he will focus mostly on release coordination for the upcoming month(s).
- Docker image for Phabricator
- Canned responses for bug triaging
- Automated deployment
- Continuous integration
Docker image for Phabricator
Actions: Nathan to send current progress as patch review.
- The current project is not yet finished.
- Assess the situation afterwards.
Canned responses for bug triaging
Actions: Dalai and Sergey will tackle this after 2.83 is out.
- Proper integration via Phabricator config.
Actions: Nathan to handle documentation and automation.
- Before tackling automation, documentation should come first.
- Once automation is working then buildbot integration can be considered.
- Status of platforms:
- Steam: Not automated yet.
- Snap: Needs update on script, already automated.
- MS store: Not automated yet.
- Any other platform (rpm, bpy) should need a more involved discussion including corresponding platform maintainers and chief architect.
Actions: Need to hire a development support → write a job call, Sergey and Dalai.
- Initial plan: clang-format
- Auto-compiling and testing every commit on git.
- Separate builder
- Strip code sign and upload.
- Add compiler and tests for patches
- If easier first let developer hand-pick a patch to build.
- If there is a good backtrace without server components it would be better.
- Not in the agenda.