Notes for weekly communication of ongoing projects and modules.
- Google Summer of Code: Final accepted projects will be known Thursday 13/May at 20:00 CEST.
Modules & Projects
- Grease Pencil: LineArt
- Library Overrides: Meeting with Blender Studio about the pipeline for Sprite Fright.
Still Life by Erindale Woodford.
New Features and Changes
- Resolve performance issues with high resolution images
- Improved display performance using GLSL to convert the color-space instead of the CPU for float images (commit) Richard Antalik
- Support limiting the cache size using a memory limit instead of a fixed number of frames (commit) Campbell Barton
- Image cache is now filled at startup to avoid frame-skipping during playback as frames load (commit) Campbell Barton
- Initial curve data support
- Performance improvements
- Add Attribute Curve Map Node (commit, commit) (Charlie Jolly)
- Add operators to copy material slots between objects (commit) (Antonio Vazquez)
- Add keymap items to increase/decrease brush size (
]) (commit) (Antonio Vazquez)
- Expose “Dilate” parameter for Fill brush (commit) (Antonio Vazquez)
- Expose options when adding line art object (commit) (YimingWu)
- User interface fixes / tweaks for line art (commit, commit, commit) (Pablo Vazquez)
- Avoid preserving local overrides when their linked data disappear (commit) (Bastien Montagne)
- Better handling of ‘orphaned’ Objects in override creation (commit) (Bastien Montagne)
- Add proper reports when deleting user-edited overrides as part of resync (commit) (Bastien Montagne)
- Improve / clean up “File > External Data” menu (commit) (Dalai Felinto)
- Display text indicator in the 3D Viewport when Clipping Region is on (commit) (Pablo Vazquez)
- Show frame node label only when a label is set (commit) (Pablo Vazquez)
Video Sequence Editor
- Set view transform based on strip colorspace (commit) (Richard Antalik)
- Alembic export: export UV maps on every frame (commit) (Sybren A. Stüvel)
- Movieclip: Use first clip frame for size detection (commit) (Sergey Sharybin)
- System info: Add OS version to sys_info.py (commit) (Ankit Meel)