Brush Assets Prototype - Feedback

I think this is a great idea to implement. If I can assign as a right-click a pop-up menu of the asset browser for the brushes in Sculpt mode.

This would help defeat the need for the user to keep adjusting the placement of ones hand on their monitor, or tablet. To another region when they can have all brushes accessible to the position of their cursor, as it is in dedicated sculpting apps.

1 Like

I love the prototype. Iā€™m scraping my custom sculpt pie menu for this. This is amazing!

Flow
It works super well. Fairly easy to get to the brushes. Icons describe the brushes nicely. Categorizing is super clean.

Adding Brushes
I like creating brushes and the process feels okay. Love that I can change and make custom Catalogs on the fly.

Though would be nice to have a library add feature in the Save as Brush Asset popup. But for the moment, Itā€™s easy enough to add an asset library folder in the settings.

Deleting Brushes
The Delete Brush Asset wording thoughā€¦ It feels like Iā€™m going delete all my custom brushesā€¦

Maybe ā€œPermanently delete brush asset [name of brush asset]. This canā€™t be undone.ā€? Then, add ā€˜name of brush assetā€™ and ā€˜blend fileā€™ if there are no other assets in the brush assetā€™s file? Just a little confusing because it just deletes that one asset.

Notes
As a prototype for the 4.3 buildā€¦ Itā€™s Amazing and feels like itā€™s already 90% feature complete. Itā€™s mind blowing

3 Likes

Catalog field is just a string, if you write a catalog that doesnā€™t exist it will create it.

Not sure about leaving all 3 in the settingsā€¦ But definitely agree with what you said for Debug Value 1.

Yeah, I know about the catalog.

But you cannot currently add a library.

But like I said.

1 Like

I forgot to add:
The display settings in the asset browser (size and names) should be moved to themes in preferences, ideally they should be shared with the popup, it would be interesting being able to change in the preferences the number of rows in the popup too.

2 Likes

i shouldnā€™t do this befor going to sleep. Sorry for the rubbish :laughing:

Since the asset is going to be a big part now in the workflow like brush assets in sculpt, grease pencil and paint can we have this.

Shortcut for spacebar

Play - Tools - Search - (((Asset Browser)))

The profilepicture is Frodo getting stab by the Witchking Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring