Asset Bundle - Base Meshes

It works now (the 404 is still cached, but it works with an incognito window). I guess it was a time thing.

yeah, I did have the same problem (404), I had to change the mirror link!
this link Direct link: https://mirrors.sahilister.in/blender/demo/asset-bundles/human-base-meshes/human-base-meshes-bundle-v1.2.0.zip is down!

Ah ok the mirrors need some time to update.
For anyone who has issues downloading it, you can get it also here:
https://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/graphics/blender/demo/asset-bundles/human-base-meshes/

1 Like

Download’s working perfectly for me – clicked the link to the Demo Files page, clicked the Human Base Meshes v1.2 link, it started downloading while I was autoforwarded to the Thanks-Donate page.

Just to let you know, a few hours ago it was posted in the BA forum that someone got a 404 error on it

1 Like

@JulienKaspar I made a decription scheme to my 1D_Sculpting_set_v03.zip to describe the mechanics of a shape transition from blockout to sculpted mesh. Hope it looks clear.

Sorry, I’m not sure what this is for? Is it supposed to be included somewhere? And why exactly?

In order to provide such a reusability mechanics at least two models (lowpoly half and lowpoly sculpted) has to be provided.
However, I have doubts that it is possible to make such a mechanics discoverable by default with just providing two models without additional explanations.
So I am trying to figure out possible solutions or investigate if it is even worthful to provide such an explanations.

I think a separate tutorial on reusing base meshes for different character designs would make sense. Addons like Softwrap are existing for that purpose too.
But I don’t think this is inside the scope of the asset bundle itself.

1 Like

Indeed, addons that assume complex interactions like Softwrap or Keentools assume additional separate tutorials. I guess same strategy could work here as well.
(Also, a side note, one of the points of a lowpoly base was to provide a multires sculpting-friendly basemesh which could be relatively easily wrapped to blockouts without addons)
Thank you for response.

1 Like